an independent research unit based at The Gastrointestinal Unit, Section 360, at Hvidovre Hospital, University of Copenhagen:
Read more: Hvidovre Hospital The Gastrointestinal Unit Research/ The Gastrointestinal Unit
Since September 1990 Professor Hans Jørgen Nielsen, MD, DMSc, has
served as a full-time researcher with focus on various areas of colorectal cancer
Over the years, Hans Jørgen Nielsen has initiated and finalized several clinical projects
and spearheaded the research line in our research group─nationally and internationally.
- Our biggest project ever proceeds from 2014 to 2023. The inclusion phase is progressing from now until the end of 2018 in parallel with the Danish public screening for colorectal cancer. The result and evaluation phase will span from 2019 to mid-2023.
- The project is the final evaluation of a new screening concept prior to any implementation of
a new model for screening for colorectal cancer based on biological markers in blood samples.
- All daily research managements are directed from the research group at Hvidovre Hospital:
Gastrointestinal UnitDepartment of Surgical Gastroenterology, Hvidovre Hospital / The Capital Region of Denmark.
- In addition several partners perform daily project functions at their own research sites
- Read more:
Project staff (DK)
- The professional staff in charge of the current project is employed of the respective hospitals
and other project partners─acc. existing collective agreements.
- All locally in charge of the project is part of our collaborators’ tenured personnel─
while salaries for all other project staff are equlized over the project budget.